Administrative Expert, are you searching for and ready to use your skills & passion to help our team Scale and grow other Businesses?
Do you have construction office management experience? Are you self-motivated and an over-achiever? Do you have top-notch organizational skills and believe in strong company processes? Are you looking to be part of a family-owned business where every team member is passionate about helping our clients grow their businesses? If so, we are looking for YOU!
We are in search for an outgoing, over-organized Office Manager for our San Bernardino based Construction Company. This Person is looking for a Good Company Culture fit, and has the desire to come right in and hit the ground running to meet the company’s Vision & Goals.
Who WE Are:
A-N-C Cold Storage Construction, Inc. is a Conscience family-owned niche construction Company in the business of assisting other Companies scale and grow their businesses. We have built a reputation of quality work with each satisfied customer, and as we have grown have been careful not to compromise our commitment to provide exceptional service and quality workmanship.
“We welcome the customer to our family. This also applies for all employees,” says Joshua. “Being a family run business definitely allows for employees to be seen and treated as family instead of just another number clocking in. It also makes for a more motivated work atmosphere.” Read More from Joshua at http://www.anccold.com/blog/a-n-c-cold-storage- construction-employee-spotlight-joshua-everage
Our sense of family and pride is apparent in every project we complete, whether it’s a small or a large expansive build Experienced & Licensed for over 35 years; we know what it takes to provide our clients with their customized needs.
Our Customers are 75% Family-owned Businesses, and we strive to have a strong connection with the Owners!
A-N-C CSC, INC. Mission:
As leaders in the industry, we utilize our passion for construction, and suite of knowledge of cold storage application constantly to provide innovative and cost-effective cold storage solutions for our diverse book of clients. A-N-C strives to design, build new, maintain, repair and refurbish customizable applications for each client’s specific operational needs.
Our Work Environment:
- Our office environment is a small office with a Fun, Loyal, and Supportive Team, who often enjoys bringing home cooked meals for the entire office to enjoy together! A true Family Environment!
- The Field Environment consists of a small & dedicated crew of approx. 6-8 crew members, both English & Spanish speaking, who LOVE & have PASSION for what they do, and share a great team camaraderie.
Your Employment perks include but not limited too:
- Flexible schedules
- Generous supply of food/coffee in-office
- Salary + bonus + Professional opportunities for growth.
- Professional resources needed to excel in your position
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced office manager that actively thinks, “What can I bring to the table to improve and make this the best day possible for whom I work with?” The perfect A-N-C CSC, INC fit has a "can do" attitude, naturally takes initiative, has new ideas, and of course a great sense of humor!
- You offer strategic input, and easily collaborate with Company Owners to train, manage and organize office staff, and field crew, ensuring all company procedures are being followed accurately, efficiently, and under proposed budgets. If procedures are not in place, you offer tactical guidance to write, train, and implement new processes to complete each task.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to customer needs and inquiries; Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities easily; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of entire team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's growth and efforts to succeed.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands company’s strengths & weaknesses and offers plan of action for improvements; Analyzes market and competition for business development; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities by prioritizing effectively; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes and schedules staff and delegates tasks and hard due dates; Develops realistic action plans; Acquires additional resources when needed.
- Initiative - Volunteers to assist readily; Undertakes self-development opportunities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays creative and original thinking; Meets challenges with resourcefulness and calm; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas for tasks completion; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Must have 3-5 years construction office management experience & be comfortable in a self-motivated atmosphere. You must be familiar with project management and fast with construction take offs. 3 years of relevant construction administrative experience required, with 2 years+ in a Management position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Working directly with the Company Owners, office staff, and field staff to manage and organize all company procedures maintaining accuracy and efficiency.
- Collecting start-up documents for new projects including all required billing documents, including setting up insurance for each job, and tracking compliance.
- File system management. Keeping all office documents filed (paper/electronically, organized and maintained.
- Collecting supplier/subcontractor releases monthly
- Performing monthly project billing.
- Assisting with bookkeeping of receipts/bills in QuickBooks.
- Performing monthly billing collections and tracking, and report to company owners and CFO.
- Assisting with approvals and submittal of weekly payroll.
- Working closely with CFO & Accounting to oversee books.
- Varied HR tasks, as needed.
- General office upkeep and organization, including assist w. ordering office supplies, software updates, etc.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS TO BE CONSIDERED:
- Understanding of the Construction industry and construction office management, with verifiable references of past experience.
- An understanding that as a small business, we were many hats and must be confortable performing different roles as necessary,
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, and ability to adjust to varied workloads.
- Intermediate knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and Apple Computers.
- Competent, outgoing, and possess an ability to talk to clients with confidence and ease.
- Dependable and able to show up to work on-time
- Patient with ability to train different personality types and skill levels.
- Collaborative personality with ability to think fast, and act faster!
- Applicant MUST be located within 75 miles or less from Bloomington, CA Office to be considered.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Driver's License (Required)
To apply, submit a professional resume, cover letter, 3-5 Career References, a dedicated answer sheet to our qualification questions, and a video (1 minute or less) briefly introducing yourself, your qualifications, and your best contact information for consideration.
Applicants who do not submit ALL requested information above will be disqualified !
Qualifying Questions to answer:
- How can your career background and set of skills add value to our organization? Be Specific.
- How would you organize a typical day as a Construction Office Manager?
- Briefly describing a specific event within your career, please examine a problem that you offered a unique solution too as manager or in a leadership position.
Scheduling interviews immediately! Apply Now